Tuesday, April 13, 2010

melon smoothie and melon soup

MELON SMOOTHIE

* 1 cup grated melon

* 1 cup shaved ice

* Half cup evaporated milk

* 2 tbsp white fine sugar

Procedure:

Put everything (except tapioca pearls) in a blender and blend twice. Garnish with tapioca pearls. Sprinkle a pinch of coffee on top. Enjoy.

The coffee garnish wasn’t part of the plan. I just chanced upon a lonely packet of Nescafe so out of whim I sprinkled it over my smoothie. Loved it!




MELON SOUP

* 1 cup freshly grated melon

* 2 tbsp condensed milk, add more if desired

* 1 cup shaved ice

* Half cup mini tapioca pearls

PROCEDURE:

Place shaved ice in a bowl. Add grated melon. Add tapioca pearls. Drizzle condensed milk all over. Enjoy.

I didn’t know what else to call it. It looked like a soup but tasted like an unblended smoothie. The tapioca pearls are supposed to be for something else however since the buko is still hanging on its bark I used the melon instead. I even added a teaspoon of grated cheese on top. I liked it though.

The picture doesn’t look as good as some of the ones I have here. I guess it’s because I made this in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment